Friday, March 10, 2017

Home made Sweet Potato chips


Home made Sweet Potato Chips

So I have this deep fryer...and a mandolin slicer.  If you have not tried it you should..make your own chips. I love home made chips. Regular or sweet potatoe. They are just good and fun to make. I am partial to the sweet potato though. Give you a little secret on how to make chip and make them well.
1. Grease need to be hot...350 is minimum, I prefer 375.
2. Slice chips moderately thin. Too thin and they fry really fast and burn.
3. Slice chips and soak them in salted ICE WATER for 30 minutes if you can. Cold potatoes fry better. I learned this from an article on how McDonalds and other fast food chains make such good frys...cold salt water bath.
4. Don't over fry them and put them on paper towels to absorb grease.

I hope this peaks your interest in home frys/pub chips or whatever you call them. My kids love them.
KW

No comments:

Post a Comment