Friday, October 7, 2016

Herr's Peppered Bacon flavored Chips



Herr's Peppered Bacon Chips


I have discovered over the years that Herr's potato chips are usually not bad. They are down right cheap.  I think I payed 1.39 for a 5 oz bag, which is usually what you pay for a smaller bag of Lay's or other name brand chips. And like other cheap chips flavors sometimes are hit or miss. This one didn't quite hit. I mean it tasted ok, but not what I expected.  Let's dig into the review.

Taste: They didn't quite get there. To me it almost tastes like a pork rind. They have a porky baconish kind of flavor, but it is sort of hollow. If you have ever had pork rinds you know you get a pork flavor in the light airy rinds. These chips eat like a chip, they are crunchy. But the taste is not enough bacon and just a mild pork flavor.  You could almost call them "pork rind flavor chips". They don't taste bad, just not like I expected. I was not the only one who thought this. My kids devoured the bag and said they were good but didn't taste like bacon...more like a pork rind. There you have it.

I would rate these at 2.5 out of 5...not because they tasted bad, but because they didn't meet my expectations of a bacon flavored chip.

Until next time...
KW

No comments:

Post a Comment