Friday, November 4, 2016

Takis Nitro Tortilla Chips


Takis Nitro Tortilla Chips

I first found these a few years ago. Made by Barcel and mainly marketed at the Hispanic community. They have caught on pretty good in the overall market. I see them in most stores. They have 7 or 8 different flavors and I like all the ones I have tried.  I remember seeing bags with NO English writing on them at some stores which was kinda cool. This particular flavor "Nitro"....is a Habanero Lime. They roll up the tortillas and cook them into a cool little package. Flavorings are generous. You do end up licking your fingers because it does come off and stick to them. Not really an issue since they are loaded with the seasoning. 

Heat wise these are good. About like a good hot chip. Not overly hot though. (some would disagree).
They have a mild sweetness with a citric acid kick. I think they would really be good dipped in some cheese or sour cream. Overall a fun snack. Cool looking...they look like little rolled up tortilla shells, which they kinda are.  I would give them a 4 out of 5. I could have even stood a little more heat and a little less salt. 

Would love some suggestions on more chips to try....so make a comment or drop me a line.


No comments:

Post a Comment